Our little man Lucas is growing up so quickly. We had his 3 month check-up with Anne his Child Health Nurse on Wednesday. He now weighs 6.2 kgs and measures 63 cm in length (which is apparently quite long!! LOL!!). He is pretty much out of his size 000 clothes and onto the 00s. He really doesn't look anything like a newborn anymore. Sob, sob...
Lucas is trying his hardest to roll, which I am totally not ready for. After Charlotte being a little later than average to reach rolling/crawling/walking milestones, it is a totally different experience having a boy who is keen to get going. He is quite the little chatterbox at the moment. He sounds like he is saying "Uh-Oh" and "Hi" over and over again, and is most happy when he has Charlotte chatting back to him. He is totally smitten with his big sister!!
I was hoping we would get through this month without a trip to the doctors. But alas No, he woke up yesterday morning with a very red, swollen willy, so off we went. And came home with an ointment and panadol.
He is still going strong with the breastfeeding, which I am ecstatic about. The two of us were asked along to Murdoch university as part of a presentation by the local Australian Breastfeeding Association group, to 3rd year nursing students. I just had to sit there and feed him whilst a couple of the groups' members did the presentation. The students, many of whom were younger women hadn't seen a baby breastfed up close, and were really interested and asked me a lot of questions about our breastfeeding hassles. It was nice to be able to give them some insight into the difficulties new mums face with feeding. Lucas however, was more interested in smiling and chatting with students than concentrating on the job at hand.
Sleep - well it could be worse.... But man, am I still exhausted... He generally goes to bed about 7.30 and wakes for feeds around 1 or 2am and then again at 4 or 5am. They are pretty quick feeds and he doesn't mess around too much going back down. He doesn't have much of a routine during the day. He feeds when he likes, has a big sleep soon after 9am (if we're home) and another one of 1-2 hours in the afternoon. Stretching him out to bedtime is difficult with either Brett or I scoffing down our meal and trying to keep him happy.
Hmmmm... I think that is about it. I am trying to keep a record of what the little man is up to, so sorry for the boring details... I'll move on...
Some photos of Lucas at 3 months...
Cass xoxo
P.S Have i mentioned how much I love my camera. These pics were all pretty much unedited... and in the "no flash mode". One day I will learn how to use the manual modes, but in the mean time I absolutely love the photos I'm able to capture.... and a model that can't yet run away from me...
No comments:
Post a Comment