... 4 days til "D Day"...
No news as yet! Sticking close to home, waiting for this little one to make it's entrance. Having not been in labour before I have no idea if the little aches and pains I feel every so often are anything. But the fact that I am sitting here typing this suggests that they aren't!!!
According to the poll to the left of this post, we are having a girl!!! I wasn't expecting such an overwhelming landslide... We have finalised names, and both of us are very happy with the boy and girl options. And no, we're not telling anyone!!
I am starting to get quite tired, mainly due to the number of times I wake to visit the loo every night. The last couple of mornings I have had a chat with the baby and said that it is not allowed to come today, because I didn't get enough sleep! Do you think it will take it's mother's exhaustion into mind when picking it's birth day??? I think not!!!
But apart from being knackered I am feeling great!!! No swollen ankles (that's a bonus), I am getting about OK, I can still drive (just!!) and am enjoying our last days just the three of us!
We see my midwife Sally on Saturday, unless of course something happens before then. If I go overdue, we will then get a scan done at 41 weeks (Charlotte's birthday) to check that all is OK, and if so, will keep waiting. I'm not a candidate for an induction as I have previously had a caesarean. So we wait!!!
Anyway, just wanted to pop in to keep you all posted. I know anyone who has called us and not got an answer has thought "is this it... are they in labour", but really we have just been carrying on with day to day stuff and are more than likely out and about with Charlotte or in the back yard, and didn't hear the phone!! I will always endeavour to get back to you and not leave you hanging!!!
Will be back soon with any news!!
Love Cass xoxo
1 comment:
Hey Cass!
Thanks for the update! Have been thinking about you guys and wondering how things are going!
I *so* understand the little aches and pains and wondering "is this it?" LOL All I remember about the last labour - when I actually *realised* I was in labour... the pains were like really bad period pains that came in waves... but I don't remember what the "pre-labour" pains were like...
Will keep you in my thoughts! Very best of luck for when it DOES happen!!!
Ali :o) xoxo
Post a Comment