Monday, 28 May 2007

An arvo at Stretch Festival

A few Sundays ago I took Charlotte down to the Mandurah foreshore to be part of the annual Stretch Festival Parade. Each year the group of families with children with disabilities that I used to work with at Fairbridge, are part of the parade. It is always a little chaotic or mad (Brett's words), but that is not at all suprising as it is organised by my great friend (and Charlotte's guardian/godmother) Diana.


Aimee, Diana and Charlotte

Off we go...

I'm not sure of this year's theme, but they were all dressed in beautiful costumes with butterfly wings that they have spent months making. I took along Charlotte's fairy wings (thanks Mel), and she joined in, dancing and parading with the fantastic drumming/percussion group, The Sambanistas. Charlotte loves a good beat, and danced and giggled her way along the foreshore. For once the weather was nice to us and we had a great crowd who followed us too.


Clapping and dancing
It was great to catch up with some of the families and kids I used to work with. I miss the kids, but not the work so much!!!


This is Glen, one of my favourite blokes who was a regular on the F.A.I.R camps when I was still working. Like Charlotte, he loves a dance!!


Aimee & Charlotte

No comments: