I have been harassed by several for photos of the new house. So thought I better start the catch up there.
As part of Brett's employment conditions we are provided with subsidised housing. There was no way we were ever going to make the move without it, with rents in the private market anywhere from $1200 - $2000 a week. A basic (ie. run down hovel) sells for about $750,000 due to the massive shortage of housing.
Anyway... On the third day after we arrived in Karratha, we were given the keys to two houses for us to look at, and choose from. As we still have to pay some rent I immediately said to Brett we'll take the cheaper one, without even seeing either. But we looked at our options, both were very new (less than a year old) and in the same area, but had a price difference of $100 per week so we went for the cheaper one.
And here it is:
And some of the interior....
| Lounge/living area |
| Dining area |
| One of our first Pilbara sunsets :) |
It is a compact 4x2, with really decent sized bedrooms. The backyard is more than adequate, although in the current heat we don't get to use it much. Speaking of weather, we average about 36-38 degrees during the day and it hovers at about 75-85% humidity. The other night I took this photo.
Yes, that is 32.1 degrees at 11.30pm
Our airconditioners are on 24/7. Thankfully our electricty and water is also subsidised.
No comments:
Post a Comment