Friday, 21 September 2007

A bit of a catch up...

So what's been happening with us....
  • First things first - HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to my gorgeous friend Georgie and her hubby Chris on the arrival of baby Riley Owen Ward on Wednesday. And to Marc and Bec on the arrival of Abby Elizabeth Rogers on Tuesday. So now we are just waiting on Deb, who is due later this month. So many new bubs coming into the world at the moment.
  • BIRTHDAYS - Happy Birthday to Lauren Alexander (Brett's god daughter) who turned 4 on Wednesday. And Happy Birthday to Jase for next week. We hope your girls spoil you rotten. And to my dad, who is flitting around Europe somewhere Happy Birthday for the 24th. I'm sure there are others. I will get back to you.
  • Charlotte is in the midst of toilet-training, and doing quite well. A couple of weeks back she woke up one morning, dropped her PJ pants, took her nappy off, and threw it in the bin. She then proudly announced she wanted to wear big girl knickers. I was dreading the day, but so far, so good. We have the ocassional day when it all goes down the toilet (pardon the pun) but most are relatively dry.
  • Other big news for Charlotte is that she has started to go to a local daycare one day a fortnight. Brett and I had been discussing this for a while. I felt that I needed some "me" time, especially with being pregnant, and we figured we had better start her well before the new bub arrives, as to avoid any hassles. On her first day, I was a wreck, as Charlotte hasn't ever really spent more than an hour or two away from Brett or I, let alone a whole day. The plan was, that I would hang around with her for the first hour and then make my exit. But upon arrival, she walked straight out into the play yard and started running around with the kids, with little regard for me. After 5 minutes her carer Elise said to me"Well, do you want to say goodbye to her?". I looked at her and I said "And what? leave?". She said that she was going to be fine, and they would ring me if she wasn't. I called Charlotte over, and holding her hand explained that I was going to go now, and that I would come back for her later. The whole time she is trying to get out of my grip and back to the kids. I gave her a cuddle and a kiss, and she said bye mum, and ran off! I felt a little ripped off!! But much relieved! I called the centre a couple of hours later, and they said she was fine, that they had been doing some cooking and that Charlotte had taken the lead, pointing her wooden spoon at all the other kids, telling them to sit down and listen. (Apparently she gets her bossiness from me?? What??). She is at daycare today, so I am enjoying catching up on emails and doing a bit of blogging.
  • Brett has been busy with several courses for work, which has meant he has worked quite a few extra days. I have been finding it a bit hard not having him round quite as much, but he made up for it, by booking me a facial and manicure last Tuesday, apparently I deserve it!! LOL!! Thanks sweetheart!
  • We are soooo hanging out for our first family holiday in ages. We are heading down to Denmark (Western Australia not Europe!!) for 4 nights at a Farm stay cottage in a couple of weeks time. We all definitely need it. And as it will probably be the last one in a while, with the baby coming, we are going to make the most of it!!
  • The weather here isn't exactly Spring-like, with lots of rainy days. Charlotte tends to go a little stir crazy not being able to get outside, so this is our solution...


Charlotte inherited this fantastic set of "Puddle Wear" from our good friend Chris' daughter, Sophie. It is 100% water proof, so I now send her out there anyway!!!

And I'll finish with a few more pics. These are from when Dad and Marjie were here back in August. We drove out to a gorgeous historic town called York. And we stopped at a great pub/hotel for a drink (not me, I had a de-caf coffee and cake). Charlotte, after being in the car for quite a few hours, of course wouldn't sit still...



I loved this old hotel... The owners are in the process of completely restoring the place.

(And I'm sure they really loved Charlotte tearing up and down the halls)

(Love seeing this too.......)

OK, I think that is it for now. Going to go and pick my little girl up from daycare, not that she'll want to leave, I usually have to bribe her with a promise to watch Shrek when we get home!!!

Love to you all,

Cass xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's exciting news about going to day care! It's good that Charlotte isn't clingy - you should have no problems with her going to school (well except you not wanting her to go!! lol!)

Mel