When we got back to our place, Dad said he had brought me a little something. Now to understand the significance of this gift, I will give you a bit of background....
I have inherited my father's love of the middle eastern treat, Baklava. Thankfully (for my waistline) there isn't a single shop/cafe/restaurant in Mandurah that sells the stuff. So my only request when I was last in Sydney, was that Dad pick me up some of the sickly sweet pastries, on his way home from work. On the day I was due to leave Sydney, Dad was nicking into his office before driving us to the airport, so I reminded him that he owed me some Baklava. When he returned to the house to pick us up, of course, he had forgotten to get the bloody stuff!!!
Fast forward to last Friday night.... After picking Dad and Marjie up, I was over the moon when we got home and Dad produced from his carry-on bag a tray of 4 pieces of Baklava. We all had a laugh about it and more than anything we were shocked that he had made it past the Quarantine sniffer dogs at Perth airport. (No fruit, nuts, honey etc allowed into WA). The shock wasn't to end there..... After plonking the container down on the kitchen bench he went into his bag and came out with another tray of four pieces... and then another tray... and then another tray... and then one more.
So I now have 40 pieces (sorry, 37 - I've sampled a bit) of Baklava that will last me at least the rest of this pregnancy. I will savour it!!!
Thanks Dad!!!
Love Cass xoxoxo
1 comment:
Lordy Cass!! That's a hefty load of the sweet sticky stuff!! You know that won't last you long!! If you need another dealer, um supplier I can send you some from Ibrahims......mmmmmmm.......Lebanese sweets....mmmmm.......
Mel
xx
Post a Comment