Charlotte and I arrived in Sydney last night to the most unbelievably crap weather. It is blowing a gale (like constantly) and we have on and off torrential rain!!! There are trees down everywhere!!!
We ventured out to visit Nat and baby Hamish earlier today (more about him in a little while), and everywhere the poor SES and emergency services workers have their work cut out for them. Dad & Marjie have a huge branch down that is hanging precariously on the Foxtel cable (which will be a saviour with Charlotte if this weather keeps up), so I am desperately hoping it doesn't snap.
As we left Nat and Morgan's place the power went out. But luckily Nat was off to her sister's place for the night, as Morgs is in Jindabyne freezing his butt off at a conference til tomorrow evening. We will catch up with him on Sunday.
Back to Hamish... he is absolutely positively gorgeous!!! I had lots of cuddles. Practically stole him out of Nat's arms the minute we go there, gave him the last of his bottle (haven't one that in a while) and he went off for a nap. Too bad if anyone else wanted a nurse!!! I completely hogged him!!! Sorry!!
Charlotte thought he was OK too. She calls him "Baby Amish", which is kind of cute, and sure to stick forever.
Charlotte and I are missing Brett already. When we got on the plane yesterday in Perth, Charlie wasn't too impressed. She visibly shook the whole of the take off then after we had levelled out, she kept saying "OK mummy, we get off now" over and over again. Poor little bugger. Wanting to get off was soon replaced by "C'mon go see Daddy now". She breaks my heart!!
I think that is about it for now....
Take care,
Cass & Charlotte (in Sydney)
No comments:
Post a Comment