Saturday, 31 March 2007

So that's where you two sneak off to...

For the last few weeks, when Brett isn't at work, he has insisted I have a sleep-in and he gets up to Charlotte (usually somwhere between 5.30 and 6am). I have been suffering quite a bit with insomnia and am getting about 5-6 interrupted hours (yes she stills wakes, and no I won't "control cry" her). So I jump at the chance for some extra.

Charlotte is usually at her noiseiest when she first wakes, so when Brett is on duty, all I can hear is him whispering "Shhhh... you'll wake mummy" followed by Charlotte squealing "Wake mummy?? Wake mummy??" It then goes very quiet.....

Often when I wake about 8.30am they have disappeared on me. I have since found out that this is where they go.....

Brett throws her push-along trike in the car and heads down to the Mandurah foreshore. They then walk/ride to the Ocean Marina where Brett grabs a coffee and Charlotte has a Babycino.

I love that they have these special Daddy/Daughter outings - not just because I can catch some extra Zzzzzzz (thanks darling :-), but because I know how much Charlotte (and Brett) enjoy their special time together.



As many of you know, Brett and I are quite partial to a good flat white, and some have gone as far as to call us "coffee snobs". I don't know about that, but some of it has rubbed off. Charlotte has taken to saying, quite randomly, "Wanna grab a coffee???". This started a while back when Brett took her up to the local supermarket, and as they were heading back to the carpark, she piped up with the phrase. It is a bit of a running joke, I now no longer ask Brett if he would like to grab a coffee, I check with the boss - if she hasn't already suggested it!!

That's all folks. Hope you are having a great weekend.

Love Cass xoxo

No comments: