Thursday, 29 March 2007

It must be love....

Would you look at these two...


For those who aren't aware, this little man is Charlotte's best buddy, Aiden (or "Aidey", as she likes to call him). This is the guy who without fail every morning when I say to Charlotte, "C'mon let's get dressed", she says jumping up and down with excitement, "Get dressed, See Aidey?". Every time we get in the car, "Go see Aidey??". She sure is pretty fond of him. And him of her, I think??

More importantly for me, I have found a true friend in Aidey's mum, Sara. Now, I would love to show you a photo of Sara and I, but it has just occurred to me that we haven't got one together, so here is one of her and Aiden. (Sorry Sara, don't kill me! It's a great shot!)


Sara and I met at antenatal classes when we were both in the later stages of our pregnancies. I had pretty high expectations of these classes, not so much for what we were going to be learning, although I know it was important, but for finally making some new friends in the area. After nearly 3 years in Mandurah, and having had Brett away for most of that time, I hadn't actually met many people at all. Unfortunately my enthuisiasm for making friends was not shared by many, and we left at the end of the 5 weeks of classes resigned to the fact that we were unlikely to ever see any of these people again, except perhaps if we bumped into each other on the street. Little did I know that 2 years down the track, I would have such a friend in Sara, and her hubby Dave. Brett & Dave have become mates, and play bowls on a Sunday when Brett can get there and we have shared many a BBQ. Sara and I have even managed a few dinners and a couple of movies - childless - and we have stayed part of a Mum's group of 7 women that was born out of some parenting classes when the kids were newborns.


Without getting too mushy, I just wanted to acknowledge how much I value my friendship with Sara, and the other women I have met along this journey (don't worry there will eventually be blog posts about all of you!!). I have some fantastic friends spread out accros the country and the world, many of whom I rarely get to see. I am just so glad that Brett, Charlotte and I have finally managed to find some like-minded souls this side of the Nullabor plain.


Enough mush!

Take care, Cass xoxo

1 comment:

Sara said...

OMG Cass I'm gonna cry! What a sweet blog entry - you make me feel so special. Of course it is such a hard task being your friend (NOT!) and it's not hard to see why Dave & I enjoy yours and Brett's company. All I can say is thankfully we get on so well because I'm sure one day we may be shedding a tear together at our kids wedding!
Cheers, Sara