Friday, 7 May 2010

My Blessingway Celebration...


Last Saturday I joined together with an amazing group of women friends for my Blessingway. I was totally blown away by the generosity of my midwife Sal for suggesting her gorgeous Fremantle home as a venue, and Merrin, Lynne and Sophie's organisation of the perfect afternoon of pampering, relaxation, chatting and great food. It was the perfect way for me to get into my "zone" after a tough few days the week before.

A few pics....
Amazing goose-bumpy drumming welcome by Jo, Donna and Sophie...Binding our wrists with twine. To be cut when my baby arrives earthside.Mel henna-ing my bellyA beautiful birth affirmation for my birthing space...The finished Henna...My wonderful midwife Sally saying a few words, and making me cry...

The amazing group of women who I am totally honoured to know and love...Me trying to put into words how thankful I was for the celebration...

No comments: