Sunday, 14 March 2010

A catch up with my midwife Sal and the Nectar Festival...

Last Sunday I made the trip to Fremantle for an evening of wonderful female company! My friend Merrin and I are a couple of week's apart in our pregnancy journey and both have Sally as our midwife. So we decided to combine one of our antenatal catch ups with Sal, and an evening at the Nectar Women's festival at the Freo Arts Centre.

The light wasn't great at Sal's house but we got a few pics anyway.... checking the position of this stubborn bubba...Sal listening to bubba's heartbeat with an old school Pinard....My gorgeous back-up midwife Clare...Merrin and her beautiful belly getting checked out...

After our catch up with Sal, we trotted down the hill to the Fremantle Arts Centre, where the Nectar Festival was in full swing. The Nectar Festival is an annual event held to celebrate International Women's Day. There were beautiful market stalls, yummy Moroccan food and wonderful entertainment. I caught up with a quite a few women I haven't seen in ages, which made the afternoon.

Merrin, Sal and I enjoying the balmy Autumn (more like Summer) evening...

No comments: